Friday, February 27, 2009

Famous Fridays - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I'm starting a new ongoing post series today. Famous Fridays will spotlight famous relatives to whom I am somehow related. The idea for the title comes from a series of posts called Tombstone Tuesdays and Wordless Wednesdays, done on a number of genealogy blogs. Maybe Famous Fridays will catch on as well!

The concept is simple: Post a picture of a famous person, some information and your relationship to them. (i.e., George Washington, First President of the United States, 2nd Cousin 9 Times Removed).

First a disclaimer: A lot of these are to be taken with a grain of salt. The internet is full of "junk genealogy" posts that clog up otherwise good research. Eventually these errors on the internet get added to master databases such as Ancestry.com's World Family Tree.
Unfortunately, databases like the World Family Tree are the best way to find common ancestors with famous people. I try as best I can to check all the links to famous people for accuracy, but I can't guarantee that these are 100% correct. So for each person I will give a percentage estimate of how likely the relation is.

Starting things off is...

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
32nd President of the United States
Franklin Delano Roosevelt is my 9th Cousin 3 times removed. (via my paternal great-grandmother Charlotte Beasley)
Likelihood of relationship: 70%

No comments: